Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Decade


DH and I shared a bottle of Asti last night right before midnight. Oh, that stuff is SO good. I had no problem sleeping the night away. We rarely drink anymore and if we do, it makes us very sleepy. It was a quiet New Year's Eve. Midnight came, DH went to bed, and I watched Fox News for a while..... all those cold, crazed people in Times Square jumping around trying to keep warm. Can you imagine the clean up crew it must take to get all that confetti off the streets of New York? It is festive loooking, though. I love New York ~ I'm just not sure I would want to be there in that mob of people.

And so we begin a new decade ~ 2010 !

HAPPY, HAPPY, NEW YEAR!!

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I hope you had a glass for me.......boo-hoo, WAH!!!!
Sounds like a nice way to welcome the new year!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

Have a Great NEW Decade!!
Love,
Marilyn
xxoo

Marlene said...

Happy New Year Audrey

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Sweet Man and I split a bottle of sparkling apple cider (non alcoholic) with GereaKaye and waited for midnight. At 9, she thinks staying up late is wonderful. About 10:45 there was some very even breathing from her end of the couch.....snzzzzzzzzz, but she rallied and did make it to 12.
You're right about the mess in New York, fun to look at from home but I don't think I could do "the masses" anymore. Maybe way back when. Happy New Year, dear lady, Lind in New Mexico