Sunday, January 3, 2010

Even the Moon Looks Cold

From reading many posts this morning, we all seem to have one thing in common right now ~ COLD WINDY WEATHER.
This is perfect weather to stay in and work on those projects we keep putting off ~~ cleaning out closets, decluttering the studio, rearranging a room, replacing those missing buttons, sorting recipes, writing holiday thank you notes, sorting and packing the Christmas decorations, cleaning out the basement... we each have our own list. If you are like me, that list is buried at the bottom of a pile of papers on my desk (this, too, needs attention).
Well, I do need to tackle some of the above, but since I can't get to the list, I think I will make a nice hot cup of tea, grab a small canvas and make art!! After all, I made a resolution!!! Can't ignore that!!
I think it's a good day to do whatever keeps you warm and happy!
♥ audrey

5 comments:

yoborobo said...

Audrey - I had to laugh at this. I have a million things to do (including those thank-you notes!) and I did exactly what you said: I grabbed a canvas and started painting. And I am huddled in front of the heater, and hoping the propane doesn't run out! Stay warm! xo Pam

Marlene said...

I cannot think of all the things that need to be done or I would be so over-whelmed I would have to go lie down. You asked about my house plans in your comment on my blog and we should know by tomorrow or Tuesday what the bid is and if we can swing it. I will keep you informed as soon as I know. I'll blog about it I'm sure.

Jan said...

I'm fortunate that it isn't so very cold here in Oregon. I'm just now getting a fire going here in the studio where it is 50 degrees. Not conducive to making art but it will be soon. Hope you enjoy your day, whatever you do.

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oooooo, glad Pam mentioned Propane---I need to send DH out to check the level.
No cleaning here; hot tea and knitting, in between the furtive trips to the studio to see if the collage medium has dried....hmmmmpft!

XXOO!!
Anne

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Audrey,
Ah, here on this side of the world we have beautiful weather.
The sun is shining and I'm stuck inside doing my bookwork.
I should stop blog hopping, get the books done and take my sewing outside. My Vitamin D is low at the moment, so I have a great excuse to sit and sew in the sun.
Stay warm and cozy,
Hugs,
Anna