Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Surgery is Over
It was a long, long day and evening. Patrick went into surgery at 3:30. I was told 1:30, so when I still had no news at 8:45, I was very, very nervous. To make a long story short, I got news at about 9:45 that the surgery was over and Patrick had been taken to the ICU. The Dr. was pleased with how things went. He reinforced Patrick's bypasses from 8 years ago and he did the two new bypasses. At the start of surgery, Patrick's heart was only being provided 15% blood and oxygen. After surgery, it was up to 45% and by the time healing is complete, the Dr. said it should be 100%.
It was a long, agonizing day, but all is well, and our family has received the best Christmas gift ~ Patrick.
Thank you, my friends, for your concern and your prayers. I will not forget your thoughtfulness in my time of need.
♥ audrey

4 comments:

purplecat said...

Praise God! for he is good, I am so pleased that He is doing well, I pray he will recover real quick, what a wonderful christmas gift...Blessings to you ♥

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful gift from God....
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Marilyn

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Thank God!!! Was praying for you, that all would go well. I had not read all the posts so wasn't sure what it was for but after reading the update....wow.
Prayers still coming; they GET YOU THROUGH!!!!
Take care dear--

Love---Anne

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I know you must be relieved. Merry Christmas.