Monday, December 14, 2009

The Trouble Tree


Yesterday, I received an email from my sister. This story was in that email and I liked it a lot. I think you will, too.
















THE TROUBLE TREE

I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence.
On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.
Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.
"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied, "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children... So, I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them. Then in the morning I pick them up again."
"Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick them up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."
God Bless.
WE ALL NEED A TREE!

6 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I need to plant one IMMEDIATELY!!!
Greta story; sums it all up.

XXOO!!
Anne

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful idea!! I think I will tell DH so he can do that & I won't have to hear "the grumpies"!!
Merry Christmas!
Love,
Marilyn

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hey Audrey,
Thats a lovely story and we should all have one of those trees.
Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Anna

Marlene said...

Yes, I think I'll plant a tree, perhaps just adopt one. Very nice story.

Diva Kreszl said...

what a beautiful story...such a wise man!

Rikkij said...

Audrey- so things have got so tough that folks are stealin troubles in the night? Sheesh! where will it end? ~rick