Sunday, December 27, 2009

My Back is Screaming At Me


This is exactly how I have been walking around since late yesterday afternoon. It is strange how you can be ok one minute and then suddenly you can hardly walk. I sat on the floor next to the Christmas tree for a few minutes and when I tried to get up.............YOW!! My lower back started screaming at me!!! I was worthless the rest of yesterday, and this morning I am just a little better. I won't be getting much done today.

I carried a carton of water out of the drugstore to the car on Christmas Eve. I am thinking I must have strained my back then. It didn't show up until yesterday when I sat on the floor ~ must have been the position I was in. Whatever.... it hurts and I am not moving about well at all. No telling how long this will last. I know better than to lift heavy things. I did this before ~ lifting heavy boxes during our move. It took several days for my back to feel normal again. So, I wait and hope it stops screaming soon!!!

Happy Sunday!!

3 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Alternate heat and cold, take some ibuprofen with food and rest, rest, rest.
I have done this so many times.....last time I turned to get the toilet paper and the back went out.
This was early in the day---I couldn't move---well, I did get to the paper because I don't think I would ever have been found...... :)
hope you get better!!

XXOO!!
Anne

Marlene said...

Owwww, sorry you are hurting Audrey. Just take it easy until you feel better, might be a good time to just sit and sketch???

yoborobo said...

Yikes, Audrey - I know this one all too well. I agree with Anne - get the ibuprofen going, and I like just heat on my back, but whatever works. :) Also sleep with a pillow under your knees, or between your knees. Rest - there's not much else you can do! Feel better! xox Pam