Monday, January 26, 2009

Gel Transfer - Another Work in Progress


I watched a few YouTube videos last night on gel transferring. This afternoon I was going to start a folk art tree painting on an 8x8 canvas and I thought it might be fun to try a transfer. So......you are viewing my first gel transfer. I also wanted to add some interest and texture to the background before painting the tree, so I put some words about trees on the canvas with a marker, then I put gesso on the canvas, added some acrylic paint, added a touch of colored pencil, and then I did a gel transfer of some tree branches. I think I am ready to draw my tree now and then start painting. Gel transferring is fun and relatively easy - it is a little rough on the fingers when you have to rub all the paper off the canvas, but the result is worth it. I'm glad I gave it a try as I am sure I will do it a lot more often now. Come back to see the finished product toward the end of the week.

No comments: