Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas is Near

Christmas will be here soon.  Some of us will be ready... others not.  
Christmas is such a magical and blessed time of year.  I've decided not to stress over it.  I've decided to take some time each day to think about the true meaning and how Mary must have felt when she was traveling with Joseph, carrying the Christ child in her womb.  Was she cold?  Was she scared?  I can only imagine the things that might have gone through her mind.  I'm sure the only thing that truly mattered to both of them was the safety of their unborn child and finding a suitable place for Him to be born.
I will do my best this season to think about the events that led up to the birth of Christ.  With that, I will take things day by day and get the shopping done, the wrapping completed, and the tree decorated.  These are all fun things, but secondary to the true meaning of Christmas.  

1 comment:

yoborobo said...

Hi Audrey! I am trying to slow myself down, and just think about the season. Enjoy the little moments. It's too easy to get swept away by all the tinsel (not to mention SHOPPING!). Wishing you a peaceful Christmas, my friend. xox