Monday, April 5, 2010

A Surprise Painting





Marlene




Back in November, I posted some photographs of autumn leaves that I took in my yard. My friend, Marlene, of Marlene's Musings emailed and asked if I would mind if she did a painting from these photos. Of course, I was more than happy to tell her to do a painting.
A few weeks ago, I received a package in the mail. What a pleasant surprise!! Marlene mailed me the painting she did from the photograph. It is now hanging on my gallery wall. Wasn't that just the nicest thing for her to do? I have posted the photograph that I put on my blog back in November and the painting that I received in the mail. I think Marlene did a great job of painting what she saw in the photograph. Beautiful. I love the painting and I am so proud to have it hanging in my home.
Marlene is a self-taught artist and makes watercolor paintings, ACEOs, sketches, colored pencil drawings and needle felting. She does very nice artwork. Go to her blog and take a look for yourself. Marlene is a sweet lady and I am so happy to be her friend.

10 comments:

yoborobo said...

Marlene did a fabulous job! What a lovely painting, and what a nice friend to send it to you! :) xox Pam

Marlene said...

Audrey, thank you for the kind words. I am so glad you like the painting.

Unknown said...

oh what a wonderful painting!!! and even more meaningful...your friend is so thoughtful!!!!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

You've got a super painting from a super friend. Twice blessed. (((hugs))) until next time

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Great job on the painting, and what a delightful surprise for you!
I love the photo, when leaves are that red they don't seem real!

XXOO!!
Anne

Jan said...

Wow, what a fantastic surprise to receive! And it is such a lovely painting, you are so talented, Marlene! What a special gift.

Diva Kreszl said...

beautiful...she captured the colors of your photo

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Audrey,
Yes, Marlene has done a fantastic painting of your photo.
Well done!
Hugs,
Anna

Manon said...

What a terrific painting and surprise! You are a lucky girl!!

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh, that is beautiful! And she is so very sweet to send it to you. A gift of love. xoxo