Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Buried Treasure

I
I am participating in Seth Apter's BURIED TREASURE Online Collaboration.  He has asked us to post one of our favorite blog posts from the past and he will post the links on his blog on Wednesday, June 12.  Once you go to Seth's Blog, The Altered Page, you can click on any of the links and do some blog hopping.  There should be some very interesting "buried treasure".  The post I chose is definitely one of my favorites ~ Kisses for Grammy.  It is not an old one ~ it is from March 26 of this year.  My dear Mom had a stroke in April and is in a nursing home right now.  I miss her being home SO much and she misses her daily time with Jake.  I think this post is fitting for my BURIED TREASURE post.  

Kisses for Grammy                           March 26, 2013


These photos were taken yesterday afternoon, but they are typical of what happens just about every day.  Mom and Jake have a special bond of love.
 Oh!  What does Grammy have on that plate up there?
 I think I'll jump up there and join her ~ get a closer look.
 Ooooh, Grammy, that cake looks really really good.  Are you going to share?
 You will.  I know you will.  I can wait.
 Here it comes.  She's going to give me a bite.  She always does.
 That was SO good.  Thank you Grammy.  I love you.
 I should give you kisses.  I like to give you kisses.
 Ready?
Kisses for you, Grammy.  Lots and lots of kisses!!

8 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

a perfect choice! and would I love some Jake kisses!!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

love your choice of course. Get well wishes for your Mom and kisses for Jake. Oma Linda

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

So sweet!

Anonymous said...

Sweet to see Jake and your Mom. How is she doing? xox

Jan said...

That was a very sweet post. Hope your mom is doing well in her new home and that Jake isn't missing her as badly as you do.

Deborah said...

Oh I loved this one! Prayers for you and your Mom. Maybe Jake could make a visit to her. You are always in my prayers.

Big Love,
Deb

PeregrineBlue said...

Priceless Audrey, just a beautiful written story.

Chris Stern / CS Designs said...

Audrey, Visiting through Seth's Buried Treasure project. Loved the sweet post and cute photos.
:) Chris / CS Designs