I was surprised, and honored, with this Honest Scrap Award, given to me by Anne, of El Milagro Studio. The award is for honest blogging. I am to mention and link the giver in this post: http://elmilagrostudio.blogspot.com
Thank you, Anne.
I am also supposed to list 10 things about myself. Not an easy task. What can I tell you that will help you to know me better? Since we are in the midst of Thanksgiving preparations, I won't spend a lot of time thinking too hard on this, so here goes:
1. I hate slapstick and comedy that is stupid. I lean toward serious movies and the like. I enjoy coming away from a movie with something to ponder.
2. I am highly offended when Religion is used in jokes and such. I don't like to see God or His name used in any way that is not in His honor.
3. I'm a peacemaker. All of my life I have tried to keep everyone around me "happy" so there would be no unrest.
4. I spent about the first third of my life as somewhat of an introvert. I was quiet and uncomfortable in group settings. No more! Somewhere along the line, I realized that we are all human and no one is "better" than anyone else. Life is much more fun being more of an extrovert with just the right amount of aggressiveness. I know that I can be myself with no pretension.
5. For many years, I lacked the confidence needed to get out there and pursue my dreams. Of course there was family to be raised, time constraints, and life got in the way. Being older and wiser now, I feel I could tackle just about anything I set my mind to.
6. I've had Bells Palsy twice in my life. Once is rare, twice is really rare. First time was on the left side of my face ~ second time the right side. Paralysis of the face is something I would wish on no one. Medication and therapy brought my left side back to normal. On the right side, I've been left with a little numb sensation around my mouth and eye.
7. I'm a seashell collector. I have thousands of shells - in boxes, in glass vessels, in my flowerbeds, in my fountains..... I love the sea and the shells it provides. One of my life dreams was to live in a cottage by the sea. Having had the opportunity to live in Charleston, SC, last year.......I now prefer the mountains.
8. For a good part of my life, I felt that my art was not good enough. In recent years, I have claimed to be an artist, I am proud to be an artist, and I like the things I paint.
9. I passed up several cost free trips to Italy and Switzerland because of my fear of flying.
10. I am older... I am wiser.... I WISH I'D KNOW THEN WHAT I KNOW NOW !!!
Now, I am to pass this on to 10 bloggers I feel have honest blogs. I think all the blogs that I read on a daily basis are written by honest people. You can tell by the content and if I didn't think these people were honest, I wouldn't be reading the things they write. There will be duplication - it can't be helped - some people have outstanding blogs and have already received this award.
I must bounce it right back to Anne of http://elmilagrostudio.blogspot.com
Marlene of Marlene's Musings http://marlenes-musings.blogspot.com
Marilyn of Our Victorian Cottage http://ourvictoriancottage.blogspot.com
Tristan of Enchanted Revelry http://tristanrobin.blogspot.com
Anna of Anna Rosa Designs http://annarosadesigns.blogspot.com
Linda of Lindaoma's Old Baggs N Stuft Shirts http://lindaomasoldebaggsnstuftshirts.blogspot.com/
Danita of DanitaArt http://danitaart.blogspot.com
Amanda of Bright Eyes http://ag-brighteyes.blogspot.com
Diva of Diva's Musings http://divaodete.blogspot.com
Flor of Flor Larios Art http://florlariosart.blogspot.com/