Thursday, August 13, 2009

Geek Squad

Last evening the Geek Squad came to our aid. The hubs had some things for them to do concerning his wireless, computer, etc. I had the nice young man check out my computer to see why it has been SO slow and doing very strange things for months. I was somewhat worried that I had some serious problems that were going to cost me buckets of money. Turns out, the computer just needs more memory and the other thing was my Webroot Firewall was fighting with my Windows Firewall. I suspected that two firewalls was a problem but I am by no means a computer whiz and wasn't sure how to handle the situation. I was so happy to see that little Geek Squad Beetle pull in my drive.
Last night, my computer was very happy and I was flying through the internet. It has been a long time since I've seen such speed. God bless the Geek Squad.

4 comments:

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I got rid of Windows Firewall as soon as I got my computer. I use Avenquest software, (System Suite)with a firewall that lets you see all the hits, etc. Plus you don't have to renew it each year like some programs.
I am just getting accustomed to Firefox as a browser, which does provide a LOT more protection than I.E. It catches things and stops before you can proceed---it's up to you. You might give it a try.
I wish I was more geek than I am......but there's only so many braincells and most are reserved for art and blogging!!! :)

Lisa Lectura Creations said...

Hello Audrey! So glad your computer is very happy again. I've never had the Geek Squad over, I think I may just need to as well! Thanks for your sweet visit! I really appreciate your loving comment! Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Lisa :)

Marlene said...

Hi Audrey, I am glad you had such a wonderful experience with the Geek Squad, wish I could say the same but our encounter was not so great. One of the things he did while fixing our puter was add some virus scan program which he charged me for and then left, the puter still wasn't working so I called again and they sent someone else out and he said that the program was not legal and took it off but they never would give me my money back. soooooo I'm not such a fan.

audrey said...

Ohhhhhh, Marlene, sorry about that. I guess it just goes to show you it depends on who you get. My guy couldn't have been any nicer - answered all my questions - explained things - didn't try to sell me anything. But, isn't it that way with almost anything anymore? Luck of the draw.
Anyway, I am sorry that you didn't have a good experience with the Geek Squad. My brother can't say enough good things about them. I think you got a lemon. Once that happens, it is tough to go back. ):