Sunday, August 2, 2009























I have joined the group BLOG YOUR BLESSINGS SUNDAY. There are many, many, blessings to consider and a lifetime of Sundays will not be enough to mention each one.
One thing I consider a blessing are the mountains. They are magical, peaceful, and beautiful to look at. Not only are they pleasing to look at and a great place to hike through the woods; the mountains also protect us from bad weather and they provide a place for many of God's creatures to live. The mountains provide recreation and a natural beauty to our area. There are evenings when the mountains, set against the glorious colors in the sky, are breathtaking. Since living in Southwestern Virginia, I have come to love the mountains ~ a definite blessing.

5 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

I know these mountains! I'm going to be in them, in a few short weeks...I love the Shenandoah, and nature if so full of blessings...you are right!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!!
My blessing yesterday was attending a different church where it was like being hit with a stream of light! (or like going from winter into your first photo!) I just can't describe it, though I did a vague blog post due to not knowing if people at my current church read the blog.
Life is too short not to enjoy and take adavantage of the beauty and wonder around you, way too short!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful glorious pictures. I swear I could get lost looking at scenery. I love to go for rides just to look at the differences all around us. So peaceful. Thank you for having me. Blessings. Tammy

audrey said...

Tammy, thank you for visiting. Please come back anytime. I, too, love the scenery God has provided us with.

Ann said...

Hi Audrey, your pictures of the mountains are really so beautiful, a lovely mixture of colours. The mountains are indeed a blessing from God.