Thursday, July 21, 2011

Missing Patrick

Patrick____________Audrey____________Patty



I Miss You

It's been a while

since I've heard your voice ~

that warm comforting voice,

always offering

helpful words of wisdom.

You always seem to know

so much more about life than I ~

and just what to say

to make the world seem like

it's on our side.

I miss you

when something really good happens,

because you're the one

I want to share it with.

I miss you

when something is troubling me,

because you're the one

who understands me so well.

I miss you

when I laugh and when I cry,

because you're the one

who makes the laughter grow

and the tears disappear.

I can't believe

how much I miss you.



To our dear brother, Patrick.

With all of our love.

Patty and Audrey



~Catherine Starr ~ Chicken Soup for the Soul~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is such a perfect narrative. There is nothing more to say. Love, your sister.

Anonymous said...

He is in your heart and with you always in spirit. Lovely words in his honor! xox Corrine

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

How lovely your thoughts. Linda

Marlene said...

Hi Audrey, This was a very lovely tribute to your brother and your words fit so well for me for my grandson. It has been 4 years ago this month that we lost Kevin and I still miss him deeply.

On another note how was your trip?

Anonymous said...

HOW TOUCHING!I KNOW IT HAS BEEN HARD FOR YOU AND FOR PATTY, I'M SURE YOUR MOM HAS HER MOMENTS ALSO. HE IS ALWAYS WITH YOU AUDREY AND PATTY. LOVE, LINDA S.

Deborah said...

Beautifully said. So many mysteries in life... ♥ Deb