Monday, March 16, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!





























We took a quick trip to VA on Friday with our car once again loaded! It rained on us all the way there, the entire time we were there, and all the way home. And guess what it is doing today here in SC? Raining.

Much to my surprise, the trees were blooming in VA. So pretty in spite of the rain! I took the cloud picture in Fancy Gap, VA. This is where you are descending the mountain on 77 and going into North Carolina. It looked much the same as the clouds look from an airplane window. I have been through that area in the fog many times but I never saw the cloud of fog laying over the valley like that. It was neat.

The tree is at the entrance to the NC Welcome Center. The fungus makes an interesting, colorful texture and a pretty picture. While driving through NC, we passed this cool old barn and shed tucked way back in among the trees. It takes me at least an hour longer than normal to reach my destination when on a trip ~ I make many, many stops to take pictures.

The last two pictures I took this morning here in SC in my yard. The vinca vine has several blooms now and the bush is blooming with small magenta flowers. Love it!!!
I am spending the day packing my china cupboard items ~ a good thing to do on a gloomy, rainy day.

No comments: