Friday, March 14, 2014

Week 6 BOD Journal Spread

Week 6 Book Of Days Journal Spread ~ Mandala Making

I wasn't sure where I was headed when I started making this Mandala.  However, it wasn't long before my interest in Mayan, Aztec, and Incan Art began to show through.  It was a lengthy process, but it was fun.
~~~
The Mayan quote I chose to use in this spread:
"The greatest wisdom is in simplicity.  Love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness.  It's not complex or elaborate.  The real knowledge is free.  It's encoded in your DNA.  All you need is within you.  Great teachers have said that from the beginning.  Find your heart, and you will find your way."
Carlos Barrios
(Mayan elder)

2 comments:

Jan said...

I am truly loving the art you have been creating this year. I've known you for awhile now but you haven't had much time to focus on your art until recently. I'm so glad you are because you are talented!

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is just great and I love the brilliant colors.......fab manual. I agree with Jan, you are shining my friend. xox