Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Full Micro Moon

Photo by Audrey, January 15, 2014

Full Micro Moon
Today, January 15, the moon reaches apogee, the farthest point it reaches in its orbit around Earth, some 252,607 miles away.  This apogee will make it appear to be the smallest full moon of 2014 ~ about 4% smaller than average.  The last time we had such a small moon was in November of 2012.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Book of Days
Effy posted our Week 2 Book of Days theme on Monday and I haven't started yet.  I will dive into that today.  The challenge for this week is to create a face on a substrate and then work it into my spread, making it look like it's supposed to be there.  The technique is to find a poetic way to express how last week was for me.  This should be interesting ~ definitely challenging.  I will post the spread when it's completed.

1 comment:

Georgina said...

Looking forward to seeing that work, Audrey.

Hugs,
Georgina