Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Dachshunds

I was on someone's Blog and saw the cutest photo of a dachshund, so I clicked on it and it took me to Photobucket with pages and pages of photos of doxies.  I know little about Photobucket, but did not want to post any photos without some kind of credit.  All I could find is a username.  The above cute one is compliments of 12shami19 and the adorable little one below is compliments of brittstan95.
Here are a few facts about Dachshunds.
The dachshund is a short-legged, long bodied dog breed belonging to the hound family.  The standard size dachshund was bred to scent, chase, and flush out badgers and other burrow-dwelling animals, while the mini dachshund was developed to hunt smaller prey such as rabbits.  In the American West they have also been used to hunt prairie dogs.  Today, they are bred for conformation shows and as family pets.  According to the AKC, the dachshund continues to remain one of the top ten dog breeds in the United States.

All I know is that I am happy Jake came into my life.  I have a  love for dogs that I never experienced before.  Since learning what I have over the last year +, I now notice every dog anywhere I go, I have to go up to them and look at their face, pet them if allowed, and talk to them.  Each dog has such a unique personality and a sweet face.  I now understand why people love their dogs so deeply.  Jake is a member of my family and I love him more than I ever imagined I could.

I think I'll go hug him right now!  

6 comments:

martinealison said...

Comment rester insensible devant cette belle boule de poils ?!... profitez bien de votre petit choux !
Gros bisous et une caresse à votre ami à quatre pattes.

Anonymous said...

Oh he just gets cuter every time I see him. Google images has zillions of photos on any subject try that too. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

he is just adorable! and my minis used to go nuts in the back yard, they could hear the prarie dogs but couldn't get to them and fortunately the never dug under the fence to get out into the pasture!! x

Deborah said...

Cutest little low rider ever!

yoborobo said...

We had two when I was growing up. They were just complete love bugs. Now I want a doxie! lol! xox

Jan said...

Jake is the cutest Doxie ever! I'm so glad you have each other. Dogs are a never ending source of joy to me. I wish I could have more of them.