Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Space

Hello Friends.

I started this Blog in December of 2008 and I've enjoyed it immensely.  The biggest joy it has brought me is friendship.  I have met some wonderful people because of blogging ~ a few who have become good friends.  I am so thankful for that.

It seems after 1045 posts, I have run out of my free storage space for photographs.  This should be no surprise to me because I love photography and I love sharing my photos with you on this Blog.  I had no idea that I would need to purchase space on a monthly basis, but now I know.  I have read the necessary information and I just purchased more space from Google. This Blog means enough to me to spend the money it will cost each month.

I have read that posts without a photo are rarely read.  Apparently, the photo is what draws a person into a Blog.  So, I guess no one is going to read this.  LOL  Actually, I feel pretty sure my pals will read it and understand why there is no photo.  (24 hours before I can use my new purchased space)

Having reached 1000 posts a while back, I had planned to have a Giveaway at that time.  Life got in the way and I've had little time to plan one.  I hope to have that Giveaway real soon.  In my mind, 1000 posts is a milestone for someone who wasn't sure what she was doing when she started this journey.  I still don't know what I'm doing ~ my posts are a mishmash of this and that.  Perhaps, one day I will have a central theme for this Blog.  Until then, I will continue to post as I do and hope that I touch you in some way with beauty, humor, or interest. 

Seeing the news and realizing the horror that Hurricane Sandy has brought to so many, makes me pause and be thankful for the little damage she brought to our area.  I will keep those people in my thoughts and prayers and hope that with the help of others they can get their lives back on track soon.

Thank you for reading this and I will be back, with photos, as soon as Google gives me space!!!

Audrey

6 comments:

Terra said...

Ha ha, no photo and I read it anyway :) I am glad you found how to keep on blogging. Another way (instead of paying money) might work too, to delete some older posts with their photos. Is that too shocking! I guess I am cheap, LOL.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I'd read what you had to say.....pictures or no. Wow that's alot of posts. Good going. Oma Linda

Anonymous said...

It is true we look for that eye candy first isn't it....I had to buy more space too! Then I got the heck out and went over to wordpress..Glad you are safe after the storm a so many have lost so much! xox

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

I'm just waiting for when they slap a charge on me for mine.....
And yes, I read text. Obviously others do too!
I had no idea you had that many posts, yes, it IS something to celebrate!!!
So here's to Blogger giving you more photo space, and more blogging!

XXOO~~
Anne

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Had no idea we were limited on space. I just assumed (silly me) that because my photos came from my computer there was no storage needed. So glad you posted this. I need to check this out further...

Haddock said...

I have read that posts without a photo are rarely read. ..... this is very true as it is the visual impact that attracts attention.
Never knew about this lack of space for photographs. I wonder when I will get the red flag :-)