Thursday, August 24, 2017

Living the Creative Life



Our Living the Creative Life group met this evening at Grace's Pizza in Grandin Village.  We enjoyed pizza and sharing our art made with the theme "FLIGHT".  When I hear the word "flight", my son is the first thing I think of since he became a pilot just a few years ago.  With that in mind, and my fear of flying, I have Casey to thank for easing my fears and flying me on several occasions.  With him in control, I felt safe: thus, my mixed media piece, with his hands holding the plane and keeping me safe.
Next, we have Therry Neilsen-Steinhardt's mixed media piece titled "Fall of Icarus".  Icarus had wings and flew too close to the sun, burning them, which caused him to fall into the sea.
And then, Wally Neilsen's drawing/painting titled "In Flight".  This painting is all about reflection from above.  Put yourself in the crow's place and what do you see?
It is SO much fun to get together, enjoy the company of other artists, and see how they interpret the theme for the month!
Our next gathering will be at Mamma Maria's Italian Restaurant in Salem on Wednesday, September 27th at 6:00.  Our theme for that gathering is "BIRDS".
Do a painting! Join us! You'll have fun!

No comments: