Sunday, October 30, 2016

Monterey House

Haunted House in Virginia, on campus of Roanoke College.
Monterey House is a circa-1850 Greek Revival Mansion that the college uses as a guest house since purchasing it in 2002.  It is on the National Register of Historic Places.  One professor at the college teaches a class called Ghosts and Human Perception and takes his students on tours/ghost hunts at the house every year since 2006.  Over the years, there have been noises, shadows, appearances of a figure, black spheres that float, music, and actual emotional shifts.
I have been drawn to this house since living here and I've driven up the long drive on several occasions.  I knew nothing about the paranormal activity there until reading about it in the newspaper today.  I find it very interesting, but I certainly don't plan to be a guest there anytime soon.

No comments: