Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Sweet Shrine



 While in Vinton, Virginia, on Saturday, I noticed this large beautiful statue as we were traveling down the road.  I had Terry turn around and pull into the parking lot.  This shrine is at the far end of the parking lot, abandoned, and overgrown.  The doors to the little building are locked and bolted.  The statue of Christ is very large and beautiful.  There is a small alcove off to the right side with a statue of the Blessed Virgin inside with some candles.  This shrine is sandwiched between two businesses, showing little sign of care.  It reminds me of the Grotto in Lourdes, France, and it saddens me to see it neglected.  I would love to see the trees trimmed and beautiful flowers planted. It is such a sweet little area for people to stop and say a prayer. 


No comments: