Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Trip to Staunton

 My sister, brother-in-law, and I took off to Staunton this morning to visit a couple of Antique Malls.  I drove because I like to take photos along the way.  I gave my poor sister and her husband a few scares as I tend to take photos even in the midst of heavy traffic on the interstate.  Bad, I know.  It was VERY cold, but the scenery was beautiful on the way.
 When we arrived in Historic Downtown Staunton, we stopped at the Byers Street Bistro for lunch.  Sweet little Bistro and the food was great!

 It was a cool 8* ~ this little tree outside the Bistro wore proof.
 This wonderful sign was in front of a coffee shop just down the lane from the Bistro.
 Meet the "Greeter" at the Staunton Antique Center on W. Beverley St. in downtown Staunton.  Great place.  We need to return.  Not enough time to see everything.
 Wonderful old buildings ~ I loved the architecture!
 Next stop ~ The Factory Antique Mall ~ Lodge Lane in Verona, Virginia ~ just up a few miles from Staunton.  This is just one of the booths there.  This is the largest antique mall on the East Coast.  Of course we didn't get to see everything.  It looks like a trip back is in our future.
 We headed home at 5:00 when the antique mall closed.  Pretty time of the evening to be out for a drive.  Much to the dismay of my passengers, I took many more photos.


Happy! Happy!  My purchases today.  A Goebel Madonna, a Lefton Madonna, a solid glass pink Madonna, a small Madonna with a rose embedded in the stand, and a tall slender heavy plastic Madonna.  Beauties to add to my collection which is now near 90 Madonnas!  I love each one of them.

No comments: