Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas Cookie Delivery

A box filled with cookies show up on my doorstep every year right before Christmas!!  My dear friend, Susie, in Ohio, bakes them and always makes sure I have a nice supply.  The box arrived late yesterday and I couldn't wait to sample a few.  She makes the best Christmas cookies! Not only do they look nice, as you can see in the photo, but they are delicious. 
I've been feeling a little blue, missing Mom, and not really into the Christmas spirit.  Casey and Amanda will be spending Christmas with her parents this year, so it will be quiet around here.  I have always been very jovial around the Christmas Season ~  decorating, wrapping, and enjoying Christmas music. So, these cookies arrived and I suddenly felt the Christmas spirit arrive right along with them.  I visited a couple of shops today, met Mr. Magic for lunch, wrapped a couple of gifts, and I'm looking forward to putting up the Nativity tomorrow.
There must have been some magic dust in the box with the cookies!
Thank you, Susie.
♥ 
This little snowman flies to and fro in the flower bed in front of the house.  Perhaps he will bring a little snow for Christmas.  That would put the icing on the cake for me.  Being from Ohio, I am used to a White Christmas and always prayed for snowflakes to start falling right before.  There weren't too many years we had a Christmas without snow.

No comments: