Sunday, September 29, 2013

Three Years

Moosie's at Smith Mountain Lake, May 2010

Three years.  You have been gone now for three years, Patrick.  I'm happy for you that you are at peace, but I still miss you like crazy.  I wish we could talk.  I miss that the most.  I do still tell you things but you just won't join in the conversation.  You would tease me about that ~ tell me that it's a bad sign that I'm talking to myself.  You loved doing that.  You would badger me till I would get angry and then you would laugh and laugh and then tell me that you love me.  You know, that last year we did say "I love you" to each other on several occasions and I am so glad of that.  I was blessed to have the best brother.  I will see you again one day.  In the meantime, I hope you're enjoying that great golf course in the sky.  I love you, Bro.
♥  

3 comments:

Jan said...

three years? It doesn't seem possible. The pain grows easier but the missing never goes away, does it.

Unknown said...

Has it been three years? Wow. It bet he was the best brother - I know you miss him. xo

Anonymous said...

Like Jan said, I can't believe it's been three years, wow. Know how much you miss him. xox