Monday, January 14, 2013

The Artist

Folk Art Tree, by Audrey, August 2008

A love of poetry (which is an art in itself) often goes along with the love of art on canvas.  I used to write poetry often, but that urge only strikes me once in a great while these days.  I have a binder full of poetry I wrote in my younger days.  I'm not fond of those poems now that I'm older and never thought they were anything special.  I did have two of them published a long time ago and that was quite thrilling.  My sister, Patty, also writes a poem once in a blue moon.  She recently wrote this one and I thought it was really good and I want to share it with you.  She will just throw it in a box and it will never be read by anyone, so I am putting it out there for my friends to enjoy. 

The Artist

he strikes the board with confidence and ease
meaning fills his head with plan
the flowing brush agrees with all the lines as if a blueprint lies beneath the canvas
whatever subject drives the man to explain his method
pours out in color and design
no scientist needs to review
words are nil but results refine
keep going and bloom with hand
the story that cries aloud so that you will escape

~Patricia Gallagher Ellis

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice words and lovely tree....thanks for sharing. xox

PeregrineBlue said...

Dearest Audrey, here I am, re appearing. I have been using a very non-friendly IPad as I travel through Chile so still acquainting myself with how it works. Thank you for all your beautiful comments as usual which have now been published. I will probably fly back home at the end of the week and there have more functionality to visit you as you deserve. Much love.

Anonymous said...

WOW PATRICIA!! I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD IT IN YA!!!! HA HA NICE JOB GIRLFRIEND!! LINDA

Amanda said...

Beautiful..art and creativity are always awesome...people who create are the hardest critics...love it! xoxo A. Fish :)