Thursday, May 31, 2012

 
Hello my friends.
I would like to thank all of you for your kind words, thoughts, cards, and flowers.  Terry's sister, Joan, was taken from us too soon at the young age of 59.  She was loved by many and will be missed so much.  Our trip to Ohio was bittersweet.  Joan's graveside service took place on a gorgeous sunny day and was attended by more people than I have ever seen at a graveside service.  There were many wonderful things said about how she touched our lives while she was here with us. Memories of Joan will be with us always.
I am still playing the "catch up" game since our return.  It has been downright HOT here day after day which makes it difficult to get plants in the ground and running errands miserable.  I hope this is not a prelude to what the summer will be like.  The yard looks beautiful and I enjoy our flower gardens so much.
 The hydrangeas are just now turning color.
 The azaleas are pretty much done for the season, but a few blooms are holding on.
 My lavender is spreading, much to my delight.  
 The lilies are gorgeous.
 Even a small sliver of the moon makes me happy.
 You will find dragonflies in many of my flowerbeds ~ both living and not.  This one changes colors all through the night.   I love watching it.
 This one is shabby chic and has been laying on this rock for about 5 years.
This one is of the rusty type and watches over the shabby chic one day after day after day.....

6 comments:

Terra said...

What a sad thing to lose a sister so young. Your dragonflies and red lilies are gorgeous and I hope you find comfort in this beauty.

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I'm glad you are back. It is hard when one passes so young.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear, that is never easy. I lost my Mom at 57 and it's a shocker, no matter what the circumstance. Hope the family is healing okay. xox

Caterina Giglio said...

beautiful tribute... xo

Deborah said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am so sorry I did not send a card! My brain is in a constant confetti explosion these days. OOOoooooo, azaleas! My Mom had gigantic azaleas in NJ when I was a child there. So beautiful. Out here they fry. Love all these gorgeous shots. Sorry for shamelessly promoting myself, but it sure would help with our high deductible for Gary. **happy smiles** Deb

Debra Keirce said...

Sorry for your loss. Your photos are lovely.