Monday, April 2, 2012

A Gorgeous Spring Weekend



It was a lovely Spring weekend ~ I saw beauty everywhere I looked.  I was fortunate to have my camera with me at all times as I had to snap a photo each time my heart skipped a beat seeing something more beautiful than the minute before.
This time of year has that effect on me.  I can't seem to get enough of the color, the smell, the delight in the beauty that God has given us.  I sometimes wish that the spring flowers would stay all summer long.  If that were so, I might miss the special beauty of summer.  Each season has its own special beauty that makes us look forward to the next season.
Just walking the yard and seeing the trees come to life is such a joyful feeling ~ Those tiny hints of green on the ends of the branches, now opening into little leaves that will grow into big leaves that will provide shade for me and shelter for the birds.  The cycle truly is a miracle.
Please come back tomorrow.  I will post the remaining photos I took this weekend. I didn't want to overwhelm you with so much beauty all in one dose. 
Have a beautiful Spring Monday!

4 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

What beautiful photos! I will be back tomorrow for the next set!

martinealison said...

Des photos d'une nature généreuse autant que vous qui nous faites partager de si belles images.
gros bisous à vous

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Our redbuds are in full bloom and my wisteria is heavy with blossoms. I need to try and get a photo before the wind or cold nights takes it.
The flowering crab is almost gone...it was spectacular!
I still have violets of all shades in bloom; I love them!
Seems like you all aren't that much ahead of us this year, which says a lot about how early our Spring is. Heck, I have an iris budded; it should be open in another day.

XXOO~~
Anne

Silke Powers said...

Isn't spring glorious! Every year I am astounded at nature's beauty in spring time!! xoxo Silke