Thursday, January 14, 2021

Throwback Thursday

Throwback Thursday

This is Hector ~ a little boy I sponsored through the Christian Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA). It is now known as UNBOUND.
Hector who lives in Guatemala, was 6 in 1998 when I started to sponsor him. Over the years I received photos, pictures he drew and colored for me, and letters. I was so excited whenever I heard from him.
The sponsorship continued for 10 years. Hector then had to leave school and help his dad on the farm. Since he was no longer in school, he was no longer eligible for CFCA sponsorship, so our connection came to an end. All correspondence was done through the organization, so there was no way for me to contact Hector.
It was a wonderful experience that I hold close to my heart. I have the letters and photos as memories. I pray that Hector is having a good life and has fond memories of his sponsorship.

1 comment:

Terra said...

You do wonder how he is doing. Have you searched for him online? That was a nice experience for both of you when you sponsored him.