Sunday, September 6, 2020

THINKING OUT LOUD

Thinking Out Loud
I've noticed quite a bit of talk lately about people leaving Facebook and trying new social media platforms. Most of the reasoning is because of political rantings, negativity, and hatred.
I use Facebook as a contact. I stay in touch with friends ~ grade school, high school, college classmates ~ family, and artist friends. I love sharing on Facebook. I love the photos, quotes, art works in progress, new techniques, and receiving notes and comments from friends.
I stay clear of politics. Unfortunately, people are not able to separate their friendships from their beliefs. Everyone has the right to believe what they want, worship who they want, and vote for who they want, without being unfriended, hated, slammed. I find it juvenile and uncalled for.
I feel a kinship with all of my former classmates. I could meet up with any one of them and feel comfortable and happy to share a coffee and some talk. I spent wonderful formative years with many of them ~ memories are endless. Likewise, with others. I have made some beautiful friendships with fellow artists through Facebook. I hope to meet some of these fun and magical friends one day.
If Facebook were to close down, or my friends would all leave Facebook, my heart would break. Many of us are getting older and this is our means of staying in touch. It brings a smile to my face daily, and lifts my heart on many occasions.
It is difficult to understand why those who hate the politics, the rants, the ugliness, etc., don't just scroll past it. I fear people look for discourse.
I hope that Facebook is around for many years to come and I hope people will find it in their heart to be kind to one another and stop with the anger and hatred. In the end, it will get you nowhere.  It uses a lot of energy that could be used for the better good. Please remember that those who don't rant about politics and the state of affairs we are in, DO have opinions and perhaps they are dealing with the situation in a manner that does not require sharing with everyone on Facebook.
No doubt, my words may cause ire with someone out there and they will feel the need to lash out. C'est la vie. I will not respond. I choose to live my life in a positive state.
I love you friends. Thank you for being a part of my life.

No comments: