Wednesday, December 12, 2018

"A Plea for Peace"


She arrived today from Vancouver, British Columbia.  "A Plea for Peace" was painted by Mariette Hebert in 2015 and she stole my heart right from the start.  Mariette posted her on Facebook and asked for a title.  I was honored when I was told she chose my title.
I never forgot this painting and when Mariette put it up for auction recently when she was invited to participate in the Heartful Soul Auction, I bid, held my breath, and won the bid.  I am SO happy and thankful to have this beauty in my art collection.
Mariette's son lives in Roanoke and when she comes to visit with him, we always get together and have the best time.  I am very grateful for Mariette's friendship.
I love this painting! Great subject, color, and texture!

1 comment:

Terra said...

Yes, I agree, this is a lovely painting and how good you have added it to your home.