Thursday, July 27, 2017

Emily

There were 6 deer in the back yard for a long time eating the grass yesterday.  There was a buck, 3 does, and 2 fawns.  This little fawn decided to go over and meet Emily.  Emily is entirely made of wood and she is carrying a flower box.  She stands under a tree exactly where I placed her in 2006 when we moved to this house in Virginia.  I purchased Emily in Akron, Ohio, at an Estate Sale before we moved here.  I had no idea what I would do with her.  I just thought she was neat because someone had lovingly cut out all the wood pieces to make her and to attach the flower box.  Little did I know she would come to Virginia to live in our back yard. She has finally found a friend.
The 6 deer grazing.  You can see Emily tucked in under the trees in the middle back of the photo.

No comments: