Saturday, March 7, 2015

A Happy Painting

Score!!  I went to an Estate Sale this weekend and spotted this great painting/collage by Mary Bullington of Roanoke.  I've been wanting one of her paintings for some time.  She is a fine artist who works in mixed media, acrylics, and collage.  I fell in love with it on sight yesterday.  Didn't even sleep well last night because I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I went back today and treated myself with this purchase.  I am going to contact Mary to find out the name of the painting.
I hung it in the kitchen on the wall over my antique oak dry sink, but I am concerned because there are MANY windows in this area and I fear the light might fade the painting.  I need to check into this.  I am SO happy and excited ~ I love this painting. 
*
I just found out the title.  It is THE FRENCH QUARTER.  Perfect! 

No comments: