Wednesday, November 27, 2013

South Carolina

Made it to South Carolina last night!  10 hours of solid constant rain, fog, accidents, and horrid traffic.  It took 10 hours for a normal 6-1/2 - 7 hour drive.  I resolve to be calm and enjoy this holiday with my son and daughter-in-law.  I am SO happy to be here.

Jake did well on his first long trip.  He's never been any further than Roanoke. He was very good but would NOT leave my lap.He snuggled deep into his blanket and seemed content to be there. We made a LOT of stops for his sake, just to be on the safe side. I had hoped he would curl up in the back of the SUV, but no way was he leaving my arms.  I know ~ we've spoiled him.  I really didn't mind holding his 5-1/2 pound little body, knowing he was happy.

After Casey finishes his morning run, we are taking off for downtown Charleston. There are 2 shops I go to when I visit, to reload on T-shirts ~ Fresh Produce and Life is Good.  They have the greatest colorful shirts.

It is unusually cool and wet here for this time of year.  I'm sure the storm that rolled across the country recently had something to do with it.  I don't care ~ just filled with joy to be here.

Signing off!  Much to do today.  Amanda and I have chatted away the morning and now it's time to get moving!  

2 comments:

Georgina said...

Have a great holiday, Audrey. I love Charleston...haven't been there in years, but I remember it being such a lively, happening city. My ex has some relatives there that I still enjoy speaking to them. Like I said, he and I divorced, but not his family!! They still claim me as one of their favorite "cousins!!" LOL

Take care and stay warm, my friend.

Hugs,
Georgina

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Have a wonderful time with your loves.