Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Suzun Hughes




This is my latest purchase. It is an 18" x 18" painting done by Suzun Hughes. Suzun, a Philadelphia born painter and photographer, having been based in San Francisco since 1975, moved to Virginia in 2007. Suzun and her husband ~ sculptor John Wilson ~ own and operate WILSON HUGHES, a contemporary art gallery located in the historic downtown ARTS District of Roanoke.

I've been to their gallery on several occasions and found it to be a fun and interesting gallery where they not only show their own works of art, but have their studios and residence there as well. They also have showings of other artists work from time to time.

This particular piece is an abstract from Suzun's CONTEMPLATION SERIES. I love the smooth surface, the many layers of paint, and the colors she used. I was drawn to it immediately and it looks like it was made for the wall I've hung it on.

5 comments:

Terra said...

The colors are very beautiful, I get a copper and brass feel for the colors in the photos here.

yoborobo said...

It looks perfect where you put it.I love the shimmer. :) xo

martinealison said...

Merci de nous faire partager cette oeuvre qui a touché votre coeur...
Gros bisous

Jan said...

Beautiful! I thought it was an encaustic.

Anonymous said...

I,too, like your new painting. Pat E.