Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back in the Blue Ridge Mountains


This is a photo of one of the first things you see once you leave West Virginia and enter into Virginia. I always know once I see the New River that I am not far from the home area. It was hot and hazy Thursday while driving back from Ohio, so many pictures I took on the return trip are not clear and colorful.
We pulled in at our house at 6:45 and it was 98*. One look and it was apparent that we still had no rain while gone. Everything looked so dry, wilted and unhappy. After Terry and I spent about an hour watering as much as we could after a 7 hour drive, we sat down on our lawn chairs for a breather..... and the rain came!!! We were so grateful to see the rain we didn't mind that our butts were draggin'! It rained several times throughout the night and again last night. A true blessing. The temps are in the mid 80s today - a little relief from the high heat, but we are still experiencing the humidity.
We met up with dear old friends in Lynchburg, VA, for dinner last night, so I haven't had time to fully unpack and get things back to normal. Once I do, I will be blogging once again. I am eager to catch up on the posts I've missed and say hello to all of you.
Our trip to Ohio was a good trip. It was very emotional for me as I visited with several old friends who I hadn't seen in many years. I will blog about that at a later time. Also, I did make purchases for my consignment space, so I need to get things inventoried and priced. It was a successful trip!
♥ audrey

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Welcome back, glad you had a good trip. Look forward to seeing what you purchased for your shop and hear about your adventure.

Ces Adorio said...

Oh yes! You see the blue ridge indeed. I like your new hairdo!

illustration poetry said...

WOOOWWW!!!
COOL!!!!
:D
welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!

illustration poetry said...

Fairy Fish yes i flew away but now im here!!!!

miss youuuuuuu :))