Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Injections

The "torture" chair, as I lovingly call it.

Finally!  I got to sit in the "torture" chair yesterday to get my knee injections.  I had to wait 14 days before the doc would give me the shots.  He wanted to be sure all the prednisone was out of my system.  He put me on prednisone because I was having terrible pain in my hip and down my leg (arthritis and a touch of sciatica).  And the knees were bad, too.  But he wanted to get the hip in good shape first.  It has been a long painful 14 days. 
I am feeling a definite difference today.  Can almost walk normally again.  I hope to see further improvement over the next few days.  The wonder of modern medicine.  And kudos to Dr. Jesse B. Seamon, MD, Orthopedics, Carilion Hospital.  My comfort level is very high with his knowledge and procedure.

1 comment:

Terra said...

Oh my, the torture chair. I hope when you read this you are pain free and knees in good shape. I am doing physical therapy with the aim to keep my knees and hips healthy after a painful knee episode in June. I sympathize.