Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Sad Day

Forgive me for my lack of visits and comments today. It has been a rough one and I am tired. I've been at the hospital all day with Mom. She had to undergo several heart tests and being 93 it was not easy for her. It hurt me to see her have to go through this but the Dr. felt it was necessary.

Perhaps you noticed I had a candle on my sidebar with prayers for Sandy, a friend of mine from Ohio. She has been battling cancer for the past year. When I returned home this afternoon, I received the news that Sandy left this world today, to join Renee and all the other angels. Sandy was a wonderful human being ~ a beautiful, fun, kind, talented lady with a strong faith. She leaves her husband, Mike, who loves her unconditionally and many good friends who love her as well. Sandy's friends and loved ones are sad today ~ the angels in heaven are joyous.

Rest in Peace, Sandy. You are free from pain at last. You will be missed.

17 comments:

Marlene said...

So sorry Audrey - Words won't do so I am sending you a hug.

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I'm so sorry Audrey. Hard day all the way around. (((hugs))) until next time

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for your loss....Some days it seems it pours instead of rains.
Love,
Marilyn
((HUGS))

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Oh Audrey....I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend and also the tests that your mother had to endure. I sincerely hope they will yield beneficial results.
Take some you time, some quite, remember your friend.
We'll all be here, holding you in our hearts.

XXOO!!
Anne

Diva Kreszl said...

sweet Audrey, I'm so sorry to hear about your dear friend. It seems as we get older we are dealing with more and more loss, while I realize this is a stage of life I am none too happy about this road we travel. It is through our faith and love and support that we carry on. I pray that tomorrowis a better day for you and your Mom.

yoborobo said...

Oh, Audrey, I am so very sorry. It is so hard to lose a dear friend. All I can say is that Heaven has been getting some very wonderful newcomers between Sandy and Renee. Hugs to you - xoxox Pam

Anonymous said...

AUDREY, I'M SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS OF SUCH A WONDERFULL FRIEND. I FEEL YOUR HURT. YOU HAD A ROTTEN DAY AND I FEEL THERE IS A BRIGHTNESS FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK. I AM PRAYING FOR MOM. LOVE TO BOTH OF YOU----LINDA

suzi whitaker said...

Oh my, So many people leaving this earth too soon. Prayers for your friend's family and for your Mom.
XoXo

Shelby said...

You always give me faith that there are kind people in the world who do love unconditionally. I'm sorry you and your loved ones have to go through hard things.

Rick said...

so much at one time, Audrey
i'm very sorry. find some rest. ~rick

Jan said...

Audrey, so very sorry for the loss of your friend and for your Mom's health issues. It has been a rough month. Please take care of yourself.

purplecat said...

so sorry for the loss of your friend
(((hugs)))

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I'm so sorry Audrey {{{Hugs}}}

audrey said...

Thank you, my friends, for your hugs and comforting comments. Your friendship is truly a gift.
♥ audrey

Manon said...

Hi Audrey,
Thank you for stopping by my blog earlier. I just read your post and I'm so sorry for your loss.
I happy to meet you.

Ces Adorio said...

oh Audrey! I am so sorry for your loss. I hate cancer. I just hate cancer. Too many good people dying from cancer. Take care Audrey. I hope your Mom feels better. 93! What a trooper! God bless your Mom and you.

Bella Sinclair said...

I'm so very sorry, Audrey. She had a beautiful and warm smile, and I can imagine she was a wonderful friend. So much sadness. And I do hope your mother is doing better. My prayers and hugs to you.