Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Settled In

"SERENITY DOES NOT CANCEL HOPE OR ADVENTURE, WORK OR LOVE. IT FLOWS THROUGH THE LANDSCAPE OF OUR BUSY LIVES, QUIET AND STRONG. CLEAR AND GENTLE. REFRESHING ALL WE DO OR DREAM."
~Pam Brown

At last, the moving process is over and we are settled back in beautiful Virginia. The best description I can give for how I am now feeling is "serene".
Things are in good enough order for us to live comfortably. I still have boxes to empty and all the little things that go along with a move, but I am happy, content, and calm. There is no hurry to put things in their place.
I started that exercise program I have been wanting to tackle and I am walking in the yard everyday soaking in the beauty of the flowers, the trees, the mountains and the birds. I have learned that some things are more important than others and I intend to appreciate and enjoy the beauty of life and leave the unimportant things for later. In a short time, my studio will be ready for me to start painting again.
I will leave you with a few photos that I took since being back. The flowers are self explanatory as is the sky over the mountains. This bird comes to the house everyday and sings his heart out. He jumps up and down and turns around and sings and sings. I do believe he might be doing some kind of mating dance. All I can say about the view from my back porch is that it is a gift from God.
Have a blessed day!!!
Audrey

1 comment:

Debra Keirce said...

Audrey, welcome to VA!! Email me at DebKAvon@Yahoo.com. I live in Ashburn, and we vacation in Massanutten often. I'm sure we'll be in your new neighborhood, or you will visit ours at some point in the near future. I love meeting local artists!